Resonance

Resonance

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I'm a little bit stuck..........
Have you ever had so many things going on inside your head that you can't figure out what to take care of next?
Here I sit, contemplating some new jewelry designs while words to a song that I'm writing roll around, bumping the jewelry out of the way.
I have my income taxes to finish yet (extension notwithstanding, I know... I KNOW!!!), and a huge stack of old documents that need shredding. Matter of fact, there are huge stacks of everything piled up in my office, waiting for me to find them a home. I have sorted through those piles in an attempt at organization, but all I ended up accomplishing was to make stacks with specific subject matter. At least I threw out alot of junk.
My better half has been doing extensive renovations on our house for about the last 5 years or so, but unlike me, he knows exactly what needs to be done and when, and gets it done. This may be a years-long creative outlet for him, but he has a plan and sticks to it.

No matter what it is that I choose to focus on, there is always something nagging at me, insisting that I should be doing something else. Right now, for example...I have known for a very long time that I should try doing a blog to help get my jewelry out there,



 and now that I am typing away my mind keeps shifting to the weeds in the backyard, and the piles........Oh, and cleaning the bathrooms. And practicing for the two gigs that are coming up this weekend. Did I call that student of mine about changing her lesson time? I need to order music for her. School starts next week, so I need to call everybody....I...Ummmm.....I'll be back..................

No comments:

Post a Comment