Resonance

Resonance

Friday, August 23, 2013

I am mystified by this thing we call the Ego....Although I was a shy child (and am still, to some degree), I was quite the drama queen in certain situations. Not wanting attention most of the time and then exploding with a fierce energy when the moment seemed right, I could never come to any happy medium. Face it, I was a weird kid.
I've mellowed in my last few years, though. My creative output has changed, as well. The piece in the photo above was one of my first designs. Big, Trekkie-ish, and created around a none-too-impressive jelly opal. Silver was alot cheaper back then, so I could experiment more readily. I wanted to make a splash!









  I eventually moved on to trying to do pieces that would have some meaning for people...Crosses, bridal jewelry, pets....This got to be emotionally draining. When you try to live up to someone else's idea of "meaningful", it takes alot out of you. The potential for disappointment is too real, too much pressure.
   So I am now in limbo, back to experimenting with a variety of things to see if I can find some meaning of my own in this stuff. I don't care anymore about impressing others with my work...I just want to create something....
..........................that hopefully, will get noticed!
   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment