Resonance

Resonance

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My eyes are too close together......Somewhere in folklore, close-set eyes are a sign of a lack of trustworthiness. Well, the Prime Minister of Syria's eyes are too close together, but I have personally known a lot of untrustworthy individuals whose eyes look perfectly placed. I am going to discount that folklore as pure garbage.
I wonder though, how much does the placement of one's eyes have to do with visual perception? I can't ever seem to find the center of an object, even a small one, without careful measuring. My handwriting likes to angle precipitously when writing a paragraph or more on unlined paper (if you are younger than twenty five, handwriting means making words on a piece of paper using your fingers and this thing called a pen). I also have to read printed material several times over before my brain is willing to absorb all of the words. My eyes like to skip over the right-hand side of the sentences, for whatever reason.
I've said on occasion that Leopold, conductor of my least favorite orchestra should just give in and come out of the closet, owing to frequent questionable fashion choices and many ill-chosen promotional photographs, but knowledgeable colleagues have assured me that what I see is just poor taste. My apologies to a certain community for wrongly stereotyping........Gentlemen, you have far superior fashion sense than that! But, I digress....
Clothing aside, I perceive excessive bodily movement in Leopold's case (okay, I know that sounds like I am imagining him naked, but that is the absolute farthest thing from my mind) . Picture if you will, one of those vertical, compressor-powered windsocks with arms and a goofy smile. You know, the ones used by retail stores to attract attention in front of their outlet. That is what I see, only holding a baton. And sweating profusely. He should have a compressor blowing air up his pants just to dry himself off.
I have trouble seeing solutions to problems until it's too late to have avoided putting my foot in my mouth, or having bothered someone else with lots of stupid questions I could have answered myself if I had only looked a little closer. I eventually figure out when that is the case, but only after the last six or seven of my emails don't get replies.
I also can't see what virtue the media apparently does see in constantly mentioning the name Kardashian. I am not the only one though..... I googled the words "stop the Kardashians" and was directed to a blog which complained about the very same issue, saying if we all took a stand, the barrage of images and sound bytes filled with that name would eventually disappear. That blog post was from three years ago. Obviously written by someone else with distorted vision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment